We’d be lying if we said winter wasn’t coming. The temperatures have dropped and the weather is slowly taking a turn for the worse. It’s natural to want to snuggle up at home, bury yourself beneath the blanket with a hot brew and warm comfort food, and cleaning your home will be the last thing on the list of things to do.
As leading commercial cleaners in Manchester, we believe that a clean home or work place is a warm one. And if you’re prone to using it’s too cold to clean as an excuse, then you have to options;
- Clean to stay warm – it’s still a form of physical activity.
- Give Grime to Shine a call and we’ll come down with our rubber gloves and cleaning essentials.
With winter approaching, we thought we’d give you a few handy winter cleaning tips to help keep your place in tip top condition.
- Have a door mat in place so avoid unwanted mud, dirt and excess wetness from entering the property. It just adds to more cleaning. So keep the wellies and wet shoes outside!
- Forget the spring clean, do your winter cleaning early and take a gander into your food cupboards. We’re sure you’ll find out of date things, or sticky spillages hidden away. It’s advisable to clean the kitchen cupboards frequently to avoid permanent stains.
- Dust everywhere. Winter is the time for colds and flues, and the smallest of bacteria or dust can cause a cold to further develop, leaving you stuck in bed with bits of tissues up your nose. A clean place can help to prevent bacteria from spreading and you avoiding that dreaded winter cold.
- Keep the winter kitchen essential clean; your kettle. You can do this by boiling equal measurements of white vinegar and water inside the kettle. Remove your kettle from the heat and leave it for a few hours, then rinse it out thoroughly. Hand wash the kettle’s exterior with a normal sponge.
- And finally, keep your slippers in sight, you don’t know when your feet might need warming up!
And on that note, I think it’s time to put the kettle on and put on some warm, comfy clothes!
For more handy cleaning tips or if you require a professional service from commercial cleaners in Manchester, just get in touch with Grime to Shine today. And remember, a clean place equals a warm, cosy one.